Learning, networking, conference and employment opportunities in cultural property, art crime research, antiquities trafficking research, provenance studies, and related things. Postings are not endorsements.
Please let me know of any opportunities to announce.
Be sure to sign up for the Opportunities List.
1. Conference on Empowerment of Civil Society for Protection of Cultural Heritage in Conflict Areas, online
The Arab Network of Civil Society Organizations to Safeguard Cultural Heritage (ANSCH) is organizing a a two-day conference, with a focus on Iraq, Syria, Yemen, and Libya.
When: 3 March 2022
2. The Art Market in Action, Conference, Geneva and Online
The annual conference of the Responsible Art Market initiative
When: 4 March 2022, 1–5:30 PM CET
Where: Online and Geneva, Switzerland (Hybrid event)
Cost: 70/150/200 CHF
3. Workshop on Provenance Research, Online
Aubrey Catrone, Owner & Consultant of Proper Provenance, LLC, will be speaking at this event hosted by the Center for Art Law
When: 2 March 2022
4. Heritage Protection Programmes Intern, ICOM, Paris and teleworking
“The Heritage Protection Programmes Intern will assist in the development and implementation of projects and activities of the Heritage Protection Department”; must be enrolled in a degree programme.
When: Apply by 11 March 2022
Where: ICOM headquarters in Paris and teleworking
Pay: “standard internship allowance under French law”
5. The illicit traffic of cultural property and INTERPOL capabilities, Lecture, Online
This one is last minute folks, but if you can catch it Corrado Catesi will be talking about the Interpol Works of Art Unit. Link directly to meeting.
When: 2 March 2022, 14:15–16:00 CET
More Info: https://bit.ly/3t4boOT
6. Heritage and Sustainability, Seminar, Online
A variety of speakers are presenting at this seminar focused on legal issues in protecting cultural and natural heritage for future generations hosted by IAL.
When: 29 March 2022
Cost: £60.00, discount for IAL, UKRG, and BADA members