Learning, networking, conference and employment opportunities in cultural property, art crime research, antiquities trafficking research, provenance studies, and related things. Postings are not endorsements.
Please let me know of any opportunities to announce.
Be sure to sign up for the Opportunities List.
1. Criminal networks trafficking antiquities: can we disrupt the market?, Webinar
EU AML/CFT Global Facility is hosting this discussion between Karen Baxter (UK Finance), Luigi Spadari (Carabinieri), and myself on this topic. This is targetted to security, police, and customs but all are welcome to attend.
When: 27 April 2021, 2–3pm CEST
2. Just and Fair Solutions? Fundamentals of a Restitution Culture for Artworks Confiscated During Nazi Persecution, Webinar
Matthias Weller of Bonn will be talking about how “these fundamentals may form a basis of a “restitution culture” for artworks confiscated during Nazi persecution.”
When: 13 April 2021, 18:00 CEST
More Info: https://www.recht-als-kultur.de/en/activities/forum-law-as-culture.3/matthias-weller-bonn-just-and-fair-solutions-fundamentals-of-a-restitution-culture-for-artworks-confiscated-during-nazi-persecution.292/
3. Crossroads of Forensic Science and Cultural Heritage Chemistry, Call for Papers
The journal Forensic Science International is calling for papers on this topic, around the idea of showing the type of forensic work that cultural heritage pros are doing. It looks to be a very interesting issue. There’s a Open Access waver for this issue too!
When: Submission deadline unknown
Where: Forensic Science International
4. Provenance Research: Where Scholarship Meets Diligence, Conference, Online
A host of interesting speakers will be presenting at IFAR’s Evening on Provenance Research which coincides with the book launch of “Provenance Research Today”
When: 20 April
Cost: $12.24 USD
5. Antiquities Trafficking Analyst, Job, New York City
The New York County District Attorney’s Office (DANY) is hiring again, but interested parties probably need to apply right away. Note: only US citizens or those with a green card can apply.
When: Apply ASAP
Where: New York, USA
6. Cultural Heritage and the Future, Free Book!
Cornelius Holtof is offering 10 free review copies of his new book “Cultural Heritage and the Future” to emerging scholars from lower and middle income countries in the global south.
When: Apply by 16 April 2021
7. Das Kriterium „Marktpreis“ in der Handreichung und Quellen zum Kunsthandel im Nationalsozialismus, Colloquium, Online
The 12 colloquium on provenance and collection research bu the Zentralinstitut für Kunstgeschichte, moderated by Christian Fuhrmeister, Birgit Jooss, and Stephan Klingen
When: 28 April 2021, 1:30 PM CEST
8. Manuscript Preservation Training/تدريب الحفاظ على المخطوطات, Webinar, Online
“The Antiquities Coalition and the Egyptian Heritage Rescue Foundation have organized this free capacity building training session on manuscript preservation. Mr. Abdelhamid Salah, EHRF Director and expert trainer, will lead a training session on manuscripts”
When: 10 April 2021