Learning, networking, conference and employment opportunities in cultural property, art crime research, antiquities trafficking research, provenance studies, and related things. Postings are not endorsements.
Please let me know of any opportunities to announce.
Be sure to sign up for the Opportunities List.
1. Cultural Property Advisory Committee Meeting (Egypt and Albania), Online
The US State Dept is hosting an open meeting to discuss cultural property agreements between the US and Egypt and the US and Albania. Join the virtual open session to hear the discussion.
When: 17 March 2021, 2pm Washington DC Time
2. Associate (Art Law), Job, London
Mischon de Reya is looking for a litigator with a specialism in Art Law.
Cost: Pay Unknown
3. Consultant for Regional Studies Western Europe and North America (re Antiquities Trafficking), UNESCO, Job
UNESO is looking to commission six studies related to the trafficking of antiquities in various regions and the implementation of the 1970 convention. This is a link to one of them but all can be found on the UNESCO jobs website. They are looking for someone fairly senior for this short consulting gig.
When: Apply by 8 March 2021
Where: Distance work
Cost: Budget not stated
4. Understanding the Past:Looking at Museums, Course, Online
Hosted by the Oriental Institute, this course will look at critical issues about why museums in North America and Europe have Middle Eastern and North African objects and the ongoing issues related to this history of collection.
When: 4 weeks, starting 16 March 2021
5. Law 101 for Dealers in Art and Antiques, Course, Online
The Institute of Art & Law is offering this short course: “an overview of the legal issues affecting dealers in art and antiques, a perfect introduction for members of BADA and others involved in the art trade.”
When: 19 and 21 April 2021
Cost: £96.00 incl VAT; 50% off for IAL members
6. Provenienzforschung an der Universitätsbibliothek Johann Christian Senckenberg: eine Zwischenbilanz, Lecture, Frankfurt am Main
Dr. Matthias Jehn and Maria Nüchter will be speaking on this subject. Please note this is an in-person event and tickets must be reserved in advance.
When: 19 April 2021, 16:00 CET
Where: Instituts für Stadtgeschichte Frankfurt am Main