I am excited to announce that the NWO-funded PRICELESS Project is seeking to hire two people to do PhDs on Financial Crime and the Valuation of Unique Goods at Maastricht University in the Netherlands.
The first PhD is in the field of CRIMINOLOGY and will be supervised by me (Donna Yates) and Rachel Pownall. The PhD will study value manipulation in the market for ultra high value watches. Apply here: https://www.academictransfer.com/en/329986/phd-candidate-financial-crime-and-the-valuation-of-unique-goods-priceless/
The second PhD is in the field of ANTHROPOLOGY and will be supervised by Christoph Rausch and Olav Velthuis. The PhD will study the valuation of artworks including NFTs. Apply here: https://www.academictransfer.com/en/329985/phd-candidate-financial-crime-and-the-valuation-of-unique-goods-priceless/
To answer a few questions:
- These are truly open positions with no internal candidates specifically identified.
- PhD positions in the Netherlands are true jobs and the successful applicants will become employees of the University with all employee benefits.
- These are full-time positions that cannot be done part time or at a distance.
- We will support visas for these positions.
- Dutch is not required for either position (although we seek a willingness to learn); the Criminology PhD must be written in English and the Anthropology PhD can be written in English or Dutch.
- Successful candidates will have completed a master’s degree by the start of the position (Jan 2024).
- 14 August is the HARD application deadline.
Do share this call widely: it is an exciting project and we want strong applicants to become part of our team.
Please email any questions to email@example.com